Min målsättning var att bara ge lille Anton handgjorda presenter, men jag stöp på mållinjen. Jag hade valt den mest avancerade amigurumin ur Mias nya bok "Virka roliga amigurumis". Här ser ni en bild av boken, och den söta blå dinosaurien ni ser på framsidan är den jag kämpat med. Men i lördags förmiddag - sista dagen att färdigställa allt - fastnade jag på hälen på första benet. Kvar var sen hela det benet, tre tår, en häl och ett helt ben till, klor, taggar, svans och den röda virkade tagg-remsan längs hela ryggen och svansen.... Jag gav upp. Vi åkte ner på stan och köpte en brandbil till honom istället. Men en handgjord present blev det ju, en liten smygkik såg ni förra veckan, här kommer den nu i sin helhet. Dock kommer även denna beskrivning på engelska, eftersom även detta alster lämnas in till Sir Stampalots månadstävling.
Here is the gift I made for Antons christening, a measuring stick to put on the wall. I made it all from the scratch, started with aquarelle paper 300 g/m². Three pieces measuring 30,5x14 cm. On that I've mounted green cardstock with the same measurement, on piece I've cut in half. The first half was mounted at the top, and the second at the bottom, so that no joints were in the same places. On the back I did the same thing with black cardstock to strengthen the stick. Then I run the stick through my cuttlebug and used the new die from "Sissix - Tim Holtz On the Edge - Brackets" to make good looking top and bottom. Punched out the letters "Anton" and the measuring numbers with QK Aquarius, the rest of the letters - who spell his entire name, birth date, weight and lenght - are punched with QK Metro. Highlighted the letters with a white pen, then more highlight with glossy accent on the name "Anton" and on the measuring numbers. Then I cut patterned paper to small blocks and stripes, the top and bottom paper through the cuttlebug with the same die Brackets, to get the same shape as the stick. When all the patterned paper was placed evenly on the stick, I doodled stitches around the edges. Decorated with punched out pockets, in which I'd put some plastic sheet (originally for the overhead-machine) - the pockets turned out as photo frames, for the parents to place photos of their son at different age. I've put numbers on each ten cm, and punched out ants on each other five cm. Doodled a trace after each ant, thought that would look nice. At the top, next to the name, I'v e put a punched out dragonfly. On each ten cm area I've decorated with cute stamped animals cut out, coloured with tombow markers.
The hanging-solution turned out a measuring ribbon, mounted with a stapler and then a screw brad on each side through both ribbon and stick. On that ribbon I've hanged a little envelope (with help from a swivel clasp) I cut out after my own measurements, to put little measuring-notes in. Solved the closure with a punched out fastener mounted with a screw brad. Put some mini screw brads around the envelope, an eyelet on the back for the swivel clasp. Doodled stitches around the envelope, and punched out a wwp strip, the word "notes pieces" handwritten on the strip.
A close up on the measuring-notes, three variants of them: oen that I printed out from the computer, with one unique text for every birthday, one variant with computer-written text "1 year..... cm long2 etc, etc. The last variant is just plain wwp strips, all variants doodled with black stitches. I also wrote a little note, explaining my thoughts with the measuring-notes for the parents.
So, with this alter I'm entering the challenge at Sir Stampalot, the theme this month was "Punch it". The punches used on this project:
word strips (word window punch)
alphabet Aquarius (QK)
library-pocket with hinge (QK)
Hope You like it! Have a nice day!